To say that pie dough is my nemesis is an understatement. Recently, there has been some progress made but I often cheat and make a crumble instead of a pie. And that was the case for Blueberry Pie Day.
And I’m glad I skipped making a “real” pie, because this White Sangria Berry Crumble will be a summer regular!
The recipe can be made with any berry you like or a mixture of your favourites. I’m looking forward to blackberry and raspberry season – they will be so good in this!
I keep True Lime and Lemon packets on the boat. Once in a while, I’ll buy a lime or lemon for a particular recipe. But in general, I use the packets.
They add zing to my water, flavour to salad recipes and are there for spur of the moment recipes. They don’t use much space and there is no plastic bottles to store in my small and crowded fridge.
This White Sangria Berry Crumble was made on a 37 foot Tollycraft (1978 Sedan) using a MagicChef Propane Stove. See other boat tested recipes.
White Sangria Berry Crumble
Crumbles are like pie but so much easier. And this one is crisp and not too sweet – just like white sangria on a summer day!
- 600 grams Berries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 lime zested and juiced (I use three True Lime packets mixed with 1/8 cup of water)
- 1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc (or other crisp white wine)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or pecans (optional)
- 3 tbsp flour (whole-wheat or white)
- 2 tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- Add the berries to a lightly greased or sprayed baking dish – 7×11 or small Dutch oven. Add the lime juice and gently stir. Mix the sugar and flour and add to the berries. Gently stir. Let fruit mixture rest for 15 minutes. Add wine and lime zest/juice and gently stir one last time.
- To make the crumble, combine the oats, nuts, flour sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the vanilla and oil and mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit. Lightly pat down.
- Place in oven at 375 F until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This White Sangria Berry Crumble was made on a 37 foot Tollycraft (1978 Sedan) using a MagicChef Propane Stove. See other boat tested and tasted recipes.
Stay safe and happy cruising!
Leave a Comment