Taste my tuna casserole – tell me if I put in too much hot fudge
Definitely no hot fudge in my Easiest Tuna Broccoli Casserole! But lots of veggies and a quick meal for busy days.
Cooking on a boat is definitely different from cooking on land. On our boat, the galley is small (like most boats) so one-pot recipes are favourites.
And recipes using the Instant Pot are even better like this non-hot fudge tuna casserole. It tastes just like a stove top version but takes less than 30 minutes and doesn’t use too much of my valuable kitchen real estate.
Making Broccoli Tuna Casserole on a boat
This recipe works with both dairy and non-dairy milk and cheese. I rarely have dairy milk on the boat as neither of us drink it, handsome hubby drinks his coffee black and my fridge isn’t that big.
Same with cheese. There is usually some for HH’s sandwiches and even for special meals like pizza and lasagna but I find the Daiya and Violife shredded cheddar style brands work just as well in casseroles like this.
So use what you like and what you have.
Boat Tested and Tasted
This Easiest Broccoli Tuna Casserole recipe was made on a 37 foot Tollycraft using an Instant Pot 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker – 6 Qt. See other boat tested and tasted recipes.
Easiest Broccoli Tuna Casserole (Instant Pot)
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 2-5 oz cans tuna drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheese - dairy or non-dairy
- 1/2 cup milk - dairy or non-dairy
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup frozen peas - optional
- Heat Instant Pot using saute and add oil. Add onions and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Turn Instant Pot off, add the egg noodles to the Instant Pot
- Pour vegetable broth over and around noodles
- Place tuna and broccoli over noodles and season with spices
- Set Instant Pot to manual for 4 minutes. Once cooking complete, release pressure immediately.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, milk, cheese and peas (if using) until cheese is melted and casserole thickens (about 5 minutes).
Stay safe and happy cruising!
Leave a Comment