Chop some veggies, dump it all in the slow-cooker and enjoy a an easy vegan quinoa chili. Perfect for long cruises, Super Bowl or winter days.
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (diced)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped, choose your favourite colour)
- 1 small zucchini (chopped)
- 1 (19 oz) cans black beans (drained and rinsed,)
- 1 (19 oz) can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (13.5 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
This recipe was made on a 37 foot Tollycraft using a Crock Pot 4Qt. Oval Slow Cooker. See other boat tested and tasted recipes.
Stay safe and happy cruising!
Chili Cornbread Potpies - Wife on a Boat
September 20, 2022 at 2:05 am
[…] are so easy. Simply put some leftover chili (whatever recipe you love or try my Veggie Quinoa Chili) into two ramekins, sprinkle some cheese on top and finish with your favourite cornbread. Bake for […]