Just a few ingredients and in less than 30 minutes a deliciously spiced broccoli soup. The Instant Pot makes it super easy and only one pot to clean! Adjust the spices for your personal taste.
- olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced potato (I use red or white potatoes)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups water or veggie broth ((if using water recommend adding some veggie broth cubes or powder))
- 1 cup milk ((dairy or vegan))
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese ((dairy or vegan))
- salt and black pepper – to taste
- Select the “Sauté” mode on the Instant Pot.
- Heat olive oil. Sauté onion until the onion becomes translucent.
- Press the cancel button, add the carrots, potato, broccoli, garlic, spices and water/broth.
- Set Instant Pot to manual and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
- Use an immersion blender (or an upright blender if you don’t have an immersion blender) to puree the soup. Let the soup cool a bit if using an upright blender.
- Add your milk and cheese of choice. Stir until the cheese melts. You may need to use the sauté setting if more heat is needed. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe was made on a 37 foot Tollycraft using an Instant Pot 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker – 6 Qt. See other boat tested and tasted recipes.
Stay safe and happy cruising!