- 4 cups lettuce, chopped (I use two romaine hearts)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 bell pepper, any colour, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, small diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1-19 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (or make your own from dried)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 cup salsa
- spices, cumin, coriander, oregano, paprika, etc to taste
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips, (I use Juanita's Tortilla Chips - our absolute favourite!)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, grated (vegan for a plant based salad)
- chopped cilantro, optional
In two large bowls, place lettuce and add vegetables and beans.
In a small bowl, combine the mayo, salsa and spices. Drizzle over the veggies and beans and top with crushed tortilla chips and cheese. Finish with cilantro (if using).
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @wifeonaboat and hashtag it #wifeonaboat.